POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announce: SkyPOV 0.1 : Announce: SkyPOV 0.1 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Announce: SkyPOV 0.1
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 2 Nov 2000 01:45:23
Message: <8FE01D1B3markwagner17gtenet@204.213.191.228>
Announcing.....SkyPOV 0.1!

SkyPOV is an unofficial version of POV-Ray designed to do atmospheric
effects.  It is based on MegaPOV 0.6a.  Due to computer problems beyond my
control, it is currently available only as source code.  If I can find
time, I will upload a Windows binary tomorrow.  If I can't, it will be
available next Tuesday.

To compile, download the SkyPOV and MegaPOV 0.6a source code, copy the
SkyPOV source over the MegaPOV source, and compile.

Source is available at
http://www.geocities.com/rengaw03/download/wskypovs.zip

Features:
 * Wavelength-dependant Rayleigh scattering
 * Infinite-light hack -- needed to make wavelength-dependant scattering
   look good
 * A few notes on how to use the program.
 * Two or three demo scenes

Features that might make a future version:
 * Colour curve post-processing to replace the infinite-light hack
 * Random rendering order
 * A polynomial parser to allow polys to be written as "3x^5+2xy+z-1" etc.
 * Assorted minor optimizations
 * Improved "quality" command-line options
 * Improved splines
 * Render time prediction
 * Fixed memory leaks

Might make it into version 99999